Friday, September 17, 2010

Any stores that set up dual boot laptop?

Well I have planned on getting a dell notebook with xp. I'm a computer science principal and didn't wana risk my programs not working on my modern pc for conservatory. Well I check today and they new notebook are out. Yay!.NOT. Now dell only sell 2 notebooks beside xp which neither interest me and I thought about the Dell outlet but even nearby XP is rare.



I call for a notebook for school that can run Textpad an other programming software but at one and the same time I want a good laptop I can upgrade to vista once the support is better for it. A solution for this is dual booting but I'm panicky to to it to myself much less on a brand spankin contemporary pc. Are near any stores like Best Buy that do this service? Thanks for the relieve.


Answer:

Probably BestBuy, but if I were you, I would see if you laptop includes a Vista back-up disk. If so, I would format my HD and install XP, find PartitionMagic, and split my HD in partly, then near my Vista back-up disk install it on the other partition. Thus, when you start up you computer it will ask you if you want to run Vista or XP. I did this for games, I enjoy Vista for the Vista only games and XP for my elder games.
its really not that hard to do, you can start the install of the os, and instead of upgrading you can notify it to do a new install. previously you do that however you ill own to split the hd in 2 pieces c and d the you can choose to do the install of vista or the other xp on d drive and when you boot it will ask you which you want to run, and you can set one as evasion over the other.
First off don't step with Dell as they are rather possibly the worste company especially for laptops. Try HP. Secondly why not just uninstall Vista and put XP on it?


No comments:

Post a Comment